Where can I find my drafts in the new confluence experience?

Hi,

I have applied the new confluence experience. Looks good by the way.

But since the new lay-out, I cannot find my drafts anymore. It used to work by clicking the 'My profile and settings' picture. Drafts are not there anymore.

Thanks for any suggestions.

3 answers

Hi Edwin,

many thanks for your answer. It's a way to find them, but a bit unfortunate you don't see all drafts together. You have to scroll down in a (in my case :)) long list of recently worked on pages. Also, this way you loose track of older drafts that still might need some updating and publishing.

In the old Confluence experience you had an easy button called 'drafts' which gives you an immediate overview of all your drafts. Any idea how to get this?

I agree, it's very frustrating to scroll looking for drafts. 

Hi Steven,

They are visible on your Recently worked on tab

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 22.53.04.png

There has been changes to when and how pages present the "your work" icon with more recent updates in the Confluence CLOUD version (after the above posting).  Cloud docs also don't yet reflect these as well. 

If you are using Confluence CLOUD, to see the "YOUR WORK" icon appear, you have to ensure you are viewing in either 'global' view (which means every page you visit is appended with '?mode=global' --- OR if you click the very top left icon e.g. your 'home page' (you'll notice this similarly appears with '?mode=global' in the URL string) -- OR -- you have to go to the SPACE DIRECTORY page (the overview page "ALL SPACES") in your cloud instance e.g. 'YOURCONFLUENCENAME.atlassian.net/wiki/spacedirectory/view.action

From the above views, the 'your work' icon appears.

But if  you are actually 'working' in Confluence Cloud, say you are in a space, adding documents, editing etc... and then clicking from the sidebar into another space --- The 'your work' icon won't appear automatically 'everywhere'.   The default tools in a space are "Overview, Blog, Space Settings, Pages" ... You could otherwise however, add a 'shortcut' to each sidebar where you want to have an immediate link to the 'Your Work' overview. 

For reference, here's a screenshot from a Cloud instance "Space Directory" (All Spaces view) --- where you can see the 'Your Work' icon appear (as example): 

YourWorkIcon.png

I hope this helps someone. It can be confusing if one was used to a series of steps to accomplish a task, and then it has been moved around with UI changes etc.... 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,169 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you