Where can I find my drafts in the new confluence experience?

Steven Aertssen November 23, 2017

Hi,

I have applied the new confluence experience. Looks good by the way.

But since the new lay-out, I cannot find my drafts anymore. It used to work by clicking the 'My profile and settings' picture. Drafts are not there anymore.

Thanks for any suggestions.

5 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
AB September 15, 2018

There has been changes to when and how pages present the "your work" icon with more recent updates in the Confluence CLOUD version (after the above posting).  Cloud docs also don't yet reflect these as well. 

If you are using Confluence CLOUD, to see the "YOUR WORK" icon appear, you have to ensure you are viewing in either 'global' view (which means every page you visit is appended with '?mode=global' --- OR if you click the very top left icon e.g. your 'home page' (you'll notice this similarly appears with '?mode=global' in the URL string) -- OR -- you have to go to the SPACE DIRECTORY page (the overview page "ALL SPACES") in your cloud instance e.g. 'YOURCONFLUENCENAME.atlassian.net/wiki/spacedirectory/view.action

From the above views, the 'your work' icon appears.

But if  you are actually 'working' in Confluence Cloud, say you are in a space, adding documents, editing etc... and then clicking from the sidebar into another space --- The 'your work' icon won't appear automatically 'everywhere'.   The default tools in a space are "Overview, Blog, Space Settings, Pages" ... You could otherwise however, add a 'shortcut' to each sidebar where you want to have an immediate link to the 'Your Work' overview. 

For reference, here's a screenshot from a Cloud instance "Space Directory" (All Spaces view) --- where you can see the 'Your Work' icon appear (as example): 

YourWorkIcon.png

I hope this helps someone. It can be confusing if one was used to a series of steps to accomplish a task, and then it has been moved around with UI changes etc.... 

hugo June 22, 2019

Saved me, thanks!

aaustin April 28, 2020

Thank you!

8 votes
Steven Aertssen November 28, 2017

Hi Edwin,

many thanks for your answer. It's a way to find them, but a bit unfortunate you don't see all drafts together. You have to scroll down in a (in my case :)) long list of recently worked on pages. Also, this way you loose track of older drafts that still might need some updating and publishing.

In the old Confluence experience you had an easy button called 'drafts' which gives you an immediate overview of all your drafts. Any idea how to get this?

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

I agree, it's very frustrating to scroll looking for drafts. 

6 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

Hi Steven,

They are visible on your Recently worked on tab

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 22.53.04.png

2 votes
Abhishek Sharma January 7, 2021

In the simplest way, RECENT- Draft 

find the screenshot here- https://prnt.sc/wi7dtj

1 vote
Erik Hermansen February 25, 2022

I think this page has become outdated, but it still has SEO juice in search engines. Consider updating for the current UI of Confluence or linking to newer content.

At the moment, I've completely lost a draft I spent 3 hours writing because I decided to insert a LucidChart into it before it was published and it navigated me in such a way I could not return to the draft. Lesson for me is to publish the draft early, I guess. But it's a real bummer that I can't find any way to recover the draft.

lujmo March 9, 2022

I found my drafts by clicking on avatar (top right) > profile  then Drafts tab

Like Erik Hermansen likes this
Erik Hermansen March 9, 2022

Yes, this option is present for me as well. So I guess that is the 2022 answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events