Where are the Confluence LINKS stored in Confluence Database?

Adrian Schiopu September 7, 2018

We are about to change our confluence database encoding from WE8ISO8859P1 to AL32UTF8 and we are currently checking for potential length issues based on the VARCHAR2(255 BYTES) limitation with the new encoding.

We have discovered some length issues in the LINKS table where the links are to be stored.

During our testing we have also attempted to created links that are longer that the maximum allowed DESTPAGETITLE VARCHAR2(255 BYTES) and we have observed nthat these links are successfully created but no longer stored in the LINKS database table.

Can someone tell me in which database table are these longer links stored?

Many thanks in advance.

Adrian

1 answer

0 votes
Sattesh M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2018

Hello Adrian, I checked, and it looks like links are still stored in the "links" table in the database.

Just to make sure we're checking the same thing, I just added a link, like the URL of this question, into a page in Confluence.
Is this what you did as well?

Do let me know if this is not the case.

Cheers,
Sattesh 

Adrian Schiopu September 12, 2018

Hi Sattesh,

That is exactly what I did only that I have added an URL that exceeds the 255 Bytes length define in the database for the DESTPAGETITLE column. And after doing that the link was succesfully saved in Confluence, but I was unable to find it in the LINKS table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events