Where are tables stored in Confluence database

Eva Dezsi February 27, 2019

Hi all,

Do you know in what table in the Database are tables from a Confluence page saved? 

I would need to find a list of all tables in Confluence database, and I am not sure how they are handled in the DB.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Eva

3 answers

2 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Hi,

A table in a confluence site is not a table in the confluence database. 

The content of a site is stored in the bodycontent table. There you have the attribute body, which contains the content in the confluence storage format

You can take out all content pages with tables in it with this SQL:

Select * from Bodycontent b where b.body like '%<table>%'
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Bodycontent, but see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-data-model-127369837.html for most (not quite all) table definitions.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Bodycontent, because the tables are part of the page, and that's where pages are stored.  They're not separate from the rest of the page, just encoded.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-data-model-127369837.html for most of the rest of the Confluence tables.

I'd strongly recommend staying away from the database though, it's almost certainly the worst possible way to achieve whatever you are trying to do.  If you could explain what you're trying to do, we might be able to get you a better way to do it.

Eva Dezsi February 27, 2019

We need to figure out if an add-on - xTables - related to Tables is used/not. We wanted to find information in the database, as macro usage under Confluence administration is not showing the data.

I need to find all the pages/users who used xTables in Confluence. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2019

Hmm.  That depends entirely on how xTables stores its data in Confluence. 

If it's using added macros (so your users do something like "content {xtables macro} more content), then a simple search for the macros will be able to find usage.

If it's storing it some other way, you'll need to analyse how the app works to find out how its doing it.  I don't know the app, so I can't help you with that bit.

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

@Eva Dezsi  Where you able to solved this? I have the same situation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events