Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are draft pages saved?

Dan Thompson August 4, 2020

I have just spent a long time writing up a page in Confluence.

My hand touched the trackpad while I was typing, and I am not sure what happened, but next thing I knew the page refreshed with the "Add Child Page" modal showing.

I went to look for my draft (unpublished) page, and cannot find it anywhere.  I have searched for text I have been writing, and it does not appear to be there.

I can't believe I somehow typed a shortcut to delete the page I had written.  Any help?

2 answers

1 vote
d_dimeski December 7, 2021

Hi @Dan Thompson in the top right menu click on Recent and choose Drafts

0 votes
Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

Hi @Dan Thompson ,

I would recommend checking out the Home > Drafts tab.  If its not there, my next piece of advise is to actually check the history of your browser. 

I'm sorry to say that I ran into an issue recently where my draft wasn't showing here and didn't report that at the time because I was able to recover it using the URL with the "draftid" variable in it directly. 

I would recommend reporting it to Atlassian to make sure they know this is an issue.

Thanks,
Bridget

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events