When your activity log/stream stops working in Confluence, what are some way to resolve this?

Jeremy Price July 8, 2021

I can see that the Activity Stream/ All Updates window on my Confluence stopped showing the new changes that were being made. I have tried the Context Indexing option in the Admin section but that did not resolve the issue, unfortunately. 

After a new page is created I would assume it would show on that Activity/All Updates section but it doesn't and it also doesn't show when searching for the newly created pages.

Since the Content Indexing Rebuild option didn't work from the UI is the only other option to resolve this issue is to do the following on this page link below and rebuild it from Scratch? 

How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence ServerDashboard-Stage-.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sandi Ameen July 9, 2021

We have ran into the same issues with our search and indexing.  The Rebuild button sometimes doesn't trigger a rebuild and we have had to restart to trigger a rebuild.  In addition, we have also taken the extreme measure of rebuilding from scratch.  This has been an intermittent problem for us over last several months.  We are running Confluence 7.4.6, I will be hoping someone else has a better solution than restarting and rebuilding from scratch often.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events