Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using @ with a Team Can I hide the individual team members ?

Marcus O'Brien May 20, 2021

I use Confluence Teams for contacts for roles within our company, ie I use a Confluence Team for "Head of Product A", and "Product A Software engineers", these can contain a single or multiple users. 

I want to use these Teams references with the @ on the actual Confluence Pages to keep the names of these things the same, ie when someone mentions a group of people I want them to use the @ with a team name, I dont want other names being used etc. on the confluence pages.

If I put the @ team on the page it lists them all, so it becomes totally unreadable, is there any way to turn this listing of members off ?

Thanks

Marcus

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

@Marcus O'Brien There is no functionality to do this at this time.  You could submit a feature request to Atlassian.  From using the new teams functionality I think this would be a big shift from what it is doing.  When the team is added it also adds all the @mentions for you, the list you are seeing.  This makes it easier to include your team members and communicate with them.  Removing the list I believe would also remove this functionality unless Atlassian made a major change to how it works.  Also being able to see the team members on the page makes it easier to know who received the notification from the mention.  Removing them would require you to click through to the team.  Since teams can change this also provides a history of what communications and who was included at that specific time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events