When saving page edits a System Error: Failed to lazily initialize a collection is given

Jonathan Welling January 3, 2022

When saving edits to a page a generic error box is given. When I then try to close the page I was trying to save, the following stack trace is thrown:

Cause

com.atlassian.core.exception.InfrastructureException: net.sf.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: Failed to lazily initialize a collection
    at com.atlassian.hibernate.HibernateObjectDao.remove(HibernateObjectDao.java:212)

caused by: net.sf.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: Failed to lazily initialize a collection
    at net.sf.hibernate.collection.PersistentCollection.initialize(PersistentCollection.java:201)

caused by: net.sf.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not initialize collection: [com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentEntityObject.referralLinks#32735304]
    at net.sf.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:58)

caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name 'EXTRNLNKS'.
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Welling

Welcome to the commnuty, I found a similar issue, but there is not resolution: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-25772

I recommend you open a ticket with the atlassian support team for a faster response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events