When i search group name showing as not matched record

Yasmeen September 5, 2022

I am trying to search the group name to add it shows as no matching records found. But it is a active group

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Where are you performing this search?

I am searching in below path

Spacetools->Permissions->Groups->Editpermission->search

The result I am getting is "No groups were found matching your criteria"

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Can you try entering the groupname in the textbox and press "add"? If the group by that name exists, it should add it.

Confluence suggestions are.. well they're not the most reliable tool in the shed.

Usually, you might argue that suggestions don't come up due to missing indexes (and running a full instance re-index will generally help), but from practice I've seen Confluence pretend to not know about any of the users/groups I'm trying to add from time to time.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Yep, exactly what @Radek Dostál said.  I can only like their answer once!

Thank you for the response.

I have tried the steps but it is nor working!!. Attaching snapshot for reference. Please help.

CreatedGroup.PNG

Groupname.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2022

That tells us that your Confluence server is not importing that group from your identity management system.  You'll need to talk to your admins about what is imported and why this group is omitted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events