When i am editing a table the table toolbar is missing

paulgcormier November 6, 2018

When I try to edit a table, clicking in a cell doesn't show the cell/row/column toolbar. I can only click the down arrow in that cell to add rows or whatever.

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel G_ Sinclair November 2, 2022

SAme issue 

0 votes
Jeremie Halimi December 26, 2019

Happening to me as well

BUT when I'm editing a page including a table that someone else created - I can see the table toolbar...

Any answer?

0 votes

The table i'm having trouble with, that doesn't' show the tool bar.
noTableMenu.JPG

And a new doc i created with a table, that seems to show the tool bar.tableMenu.JPG

I seem to remember that Atlassian was in the middle of changing their table support when I first created this table. However, if i create a new table in the troublesome document, i have the same problem, no toolbar.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

@paulgcormierare you experiencing the same issue in different browsers?

Happens in chrome and edge. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

@paulgcormierI am going to ask you a silly question: is the same behavior happening if you try someone else's computer? Can you please give it a try?

Also I see on the screenshot that you are trying to create a template. Are you having the same issue with a regular page?

paulgcormier November 9, 2018

It happens it under my account, on two different machines. It does it on third machine with a different user account.

If I create  new document with the table macro, it works fine as mentioned. I think this particular page, and a couple others got corrupted with an in-progress table macro rewrite.

Other older and newer documents with tables work fine on all three of these machines and two user accounts.

Mark Anderson September 24, 2019

what the heck have Alsatian done. used confluence a year ago. trying to implement at new company . it sucks. how on earth can table tools be missing in most popular browser on market (Chrome)

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2018

@paulgcormier

Can you please take a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Best

Billie Gould August 3, 2022

Same problem here. Table tools very limited. No add row or col function!

See screenshot:Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 3.11.32 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events