When exporting page as pdf on server without internet access info boxes are not created with image.

Maria Asplund May 2, 2023

We have an installation of Confluence (version 7.18.1) on a server without internet access. When we export a page with info content (and other macros) the info boxes are not shown. Only the text within the boxes are exported and there is no square around it. Could this be because the installation of Confluence is located on a server without internet access and some of these pictures (like notes.png) should be accessed from an external URL? Is there a workaround for the problem. Could one e.g. download these images (can we access them from somewhere) and manually upload them to the server? Where should we then store them for Confluence to access them?

4 answers

0 votes
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

The lack of access to the internet doesn't have an impact on the PDF and image inclusion.

The images in those macros are rendered via CSS rather than static image inclusion. The fact that when exported the box and additional styling is also missing points to the problem being that the PDF converter is not including or rendering the CSS during conversion. 

Icons - AUI Documentation (atlassian.com)

<span class="aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-info confluence-information-macro-icon"> </span>

Above is the code for the info macro icon.

Regarding general file/page attachment storage, that's outlined here: 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/hierarchical-file-system-attachment-storage-704578486.html

0 votes
Maria Asplund May 12, 2023

For now I have removed the tip, warning and info macros and inserted these as "normal" text with an emoji instead. The macro looks nicer so it would be nice if this could be solved somehow.

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

@Maria Asplund I am using the Cloud version of Confluence, so I'm not sure it works the same. I think you are referring to the images that appear with a Note/Tip/Warning/etc panel macro.

On my cloud instance, these are emojis that come with the system by default. In this page for Cloud (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/use-symbols-emojis-and-special-characters/), it has the following:

Emojis.png

The first note worries me a bit, since I have added a bunch of custom emojis. The second note may point you to where emojis are stored (though it may just be the custom ones).

The equivalent page for Data Center and Server (https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf718/symbols-emoticons-and-special-characters-1129688415.html) shows the default set of emoticons, but I don't see anything about where they are stored.

Maria Asplund May 12, 2023

Thanks for your tip but the emojis are actually exported. The problem is the background picture which is not exported.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Yes.

The difference is that when you open a page in your web browser, then it is your local computer that downloads the images used in the page. When you export a PDF, then the PDF file is compiled on the server-side, by Confluence, so the server needs to be able to download those image.

You can store the images anywhere that is accessible by your Confluence server and by your local computer. To be honest, if you don't have a special reason not do so, just attach the pics to the Confluence pages. It is simple and makes everything self-containing.

Maria Asplund May 4, 2023

Thanks for the answer! Is there a place I can access "all" the Confluence background pictures? I haven't been able to locate them anywhere. I would then upload them to our server and ad them to the pages.  

Maria Asplund May 4, 2023

If the Confluence page on our server can access them I guess they should be located somewhere on the server, but where do Confluence store them!?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events