When creating pages in confluence is there a way I can make parts of the pages unchangable?

cliff kirkman July 11, 2017

Creating template pages for users and some information/fields need to be unchangable, cannot see an option to do this I was wondering if there is a way.

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

Normally no. The only way I can think of is using User Macros to insert the information (of course, the user could still remove the user macro, and the content of the user macro would not be indexed for the search). However, there is no built in functionality (or add-on even) that I am aware of that would provide this feature.

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

You could use the Excerpt an Excerpt Include Macros to include content from a page that is only readable for some group. There is also a number of commercial add-ons that provide richer support for excerpting/transclusion if required.

The limitations Stephen mentioned (some removes the macro from the including page) still apply.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2017

Thanks, Robert, that's a great idea I didn't think about.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events