When creating multiple issues in a table in confluence, epic name is not mappable?

Henk Keuris October 19, 2017

Hi,

When I try to create multiple issues in a table in confluence using the popup macro when you highlight some text in a table, the epic field name is required, and doesn't contain a field mapping to the table status header column, like summary and description does.

Is this a bug, or a feature? That seems to not be useful. Why would I create a table in confluence, with the purpose of auto-creating epics from the table, mapping the summary field and the description field, but not the epic name? You can type the epic name into the field, but then it'll create 10 epics (for example), all with the same epic name, which you then have to go edit afterward.

Any help?

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff London January 23, 2018

Any luck with this?   We have the exact same problem.   It defeats the purpose of creating a list of Epics in Confluence in a table because you can mass create them like we can with Stories or other entities.

Thomas Obenaus February 5, 2018

Same issue here. My not-so-great workaround: create Story issues and bulk change them to Epics. Epic name is still not mapped (remains unset) but at least the issues are linked in the Confluence table.

Nicholas Cafaro August 21, 2018

Agreed.  Miss by Atlassian.  Hopefully Epic Name mapping finds its way into a release in the future.  

Like Jasmina.Muhic likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events