When adding a link to Jira it says "Can't find link" even though the link is valid

Alexander Persson December 12, 2022

When i add a link in a confluence page to a jira issue it says "Can't find link" even though the link is valid and can be clicked without problem.

When i do this for other projects it works fine but this is for a few specific issues.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Hallinger September 6, 2023

In Jira Software i've found out that links are broken (can't find) if the Projekt Key has something like "_" in it.

So i renamed for example the project key Test_123 to Test123 and it started to work. 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Alexander Persson 

Do you have Browse Projects permission on the issue you are linking to?

Are you added to the Security Level of the issue should issue security be enabled for that project?

Alexander Persson December 13, 2022

I am Admin in Jira/Confluence so my rights should be ok?

My thinking is that this might be Confluences rights to browse the project in Jira as you mentioned. How would i find the browser projects permission settings?

And i dont know where the Security level is either...

Like Tomás Luís likes this
Matt Abe July 14, 2023

I am also getting this error on two issues but not others, one of which is Done and the other with a status of In Progress. The links marked "Can't find link" do in fact work when clicked. I see this error when linking from Confluence to Jira, and when linking from an issue in one Jira project to another issue in the same project.

Like rhys-taylor likes this
Kristina Fan July 17, 2023

Same. This started with Roadmap became Timeline. Bug?

Michael Hoffman July 25, 2023

Started happening in both organizations I work for. All the links suddenly show "Can't find link". There's been no security changes in either organization. Hopefully there is a solution? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events