When a user was desactivated, what happens to his personal space

Melanie Liguet September 17, 2021

Hi, 

When a user was desactivated, what happens to his personal space?

I think his personal space was still accecible with url : https://confluence.xxx/spaces/viewspace.action?key=~name.lastname

It is possible to delete personal space automatically when the user is desactived ?

Now, i'm on Confluence server but i have the same question on cloud because we prepare the migration.

Best regards, 

Mélanie

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

Hi @Melanie Liguet 

Once you disable/deactivate a user, all the content they've created or contributed to will remain in Confluence, including their personal space, permissions or restrictions, and any data stored by third-party apps. 

Natively, there's no functionality to delete the personal space when user is deactivated/disabled.

If you have older content that doesn't need to be accessible by everyone, you can consider exporting the space to XML, and storing it as a long-term backup and then delete. If you allow users to create personal spaces, this might be an appropriate action when someone leaves your organisation, and their personal space is no longer required. 

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Jonathan Leff September 12, 2022

You can now archive spaces, which seems to work for this application. If you don't want current users to be able to access content if they have old links to the space, you can also remove permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events