Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I turned off confluence access for a user it blocks the user to access jira as well

Abubacker Siddique September 7, 2020

I have turned off confluence licence for specific users that disables access for jira as well, the user can't proceed or access the issues in project.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2020

Hi @Abubacker Siddique 

What happens when the user tries to access Jira?

I'd first check the user still has Jira product access. As a Site Admin:

1. Go to https://admin.atlassian.com/
  2. Against your site, press "Manage Users"
  3. Locate a user who should have Jira but not Confluence, and select them
  4. Ensure the user has "Has access on site" and "Jira" toggled to ON

-----------------

If they do have access to Jira - but not the project - it's more likely a project permissions issue.

If this is Classic:

1. In Jira, go to the project
  2. Go to Project Settings > Permissions
  3. Check what the user needs for "Browse Projects"
  4. Ensure the user has access via that permission - eg. if it is based on a user's project role, ensure that role is set via Project Settings > People

Note: Atlassian is changing how users access projects; in future you might find that the permissions needed in Step 3 are "Browse Projects" and "View Issues" to see the issues.

If this is Next-Gen:

1. In Jira, go to the Next-Gen project
  2. Go to Project Settings > Access
  3. If the access level is "Private", the user will need a role to see the project's issues
  4. If they don't have access, press the blue "Add People" button to add the user to a role.

-----------------

If neither of these resolve the issue, let us know what the user can/cannot do in regards to Jira at this stage :)

Ste 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events