When I insert a text in the editor, it always jumps. So annoying.

Buggy Confluence 4.0 + Mozilla Firefox 3.6.23.

I can't drag text when editing a page. So when I copy-paste it, the screen always "jumps", so the edited line is always on the top.

It pisses off all our employees. Fix it!

3 answers

0 votes

Actually, I've seen this too, although it wasn't in Confluence, it was in one of the applications we use internally. It's not Confluence, it's Firefox.

yea sometimes the home, and control+home shortcuts also make stuff go wild, just one of the 'qwirks' :) we used to get around it by using the wiki markup editor, however that doesnt exist any more :/

I can't reproduce this bug. Firefox is on version 7.0.1 now so I suggest upgrading and testing on a more recent version. If you can reliably reproduce, please file a bug in the CONF project at jira.atlassian.com. Make sure to include your browser version and steps to reproduce.

its when u highlight text with the mouse and drag it into the editor, then click save and the text will be gone. also, paste something (multiline) in and either press home or control and home, sometimes (not always unfortunately) stuff goes crazy

I'm not getting that at all. I suggest you raise it with Atlassian directly, as Bill says. (And consider upgrading the browser - 3.6 is getting a little long in the tooth)

not using firefox, but i can guarentee i know why hes stuck at 3.6, vmware :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,544 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you