It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When I insert a text in the editor, it always jumps. So annoying.

Alex Bobrovski Oct 09, 2011

Buggy Confluence 4.0 + Mozilla Firefox 3.6.23.

I can't drag text when editing a page. So when I copy-paste it, the screen always "jumps", so the edited line is always on the top.

It pisses off all our employees. Fix it!

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 09, 2011

Actually, I've seen this too, although it wasn't in Confluence, it was in one of the applications we use internally. It's not Confluence, it's Firefox.

0 votes
Ashley Russell Oct 09, 2011

yea sometimes the home, and control+home shortcuts also make stuff go wild, just one of the 'qwirks' :) we used to get around it by using the wiki markup editor, however that doesnt exist any more :/

0 votes
Bill Arconati Oct 10, 2011

I can't reproduce this bug. Firefox is on version 7.0.1 now so I suggest upgrading and testing on a more recent version. If you can reliably reproduce, please file a bug in the CONF project at jira.atlassian.com. Make sure to include your browser version and steps to reproduce.

Ashley Russell Oct 10, 2011

its when u highlight text with the mouse and drag it into the editor, then click save and the text will be gone. also, paste something (multiline) in and either press home or control and home, sometimes (not always unfortunately) stuff goes crazy

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 10, 2011

I'm not getting that at all. I suggest you raise it with Atlassian directly, as Bill says. (And consider upgrading the browser - 3.6 is getting a little long in the tooth)

Ashley Russell Oct 10, 2011

not using firefox, but i can guarentee i know why hes stuck at 3.6, vmware :)

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,424 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you