When I insert a text in the editor, it always jumps. So annoying.

Alex Bobrovski October 9, 2011

Buggy Confluence 4.0 + Mozilla Firefox 3.6.23.

I can't drag text when editing a page. So when I copy-paste it, the screen always "jumps", so the edited line is always on the top.

It pisses off all our employees. Fix it!

3 answers

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

I can't reproduce this bug. Firefox is on version 7.0.1 now so I suggest upgrading and testing on a more recent version. If you can reliably reproduce, please file a bug in the CONF project at jira.atlassian.com. Make sure to include your browser version and steps to reproduce.

Ashley Russell October 10, 2011

its when u highlight text with the mouse and drag it into the editor, then click save and the text will be gone. also, paste something (multiline) in and either press home or control and home, sometimes (not always unfortunately) stuff goes crazy

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2011

I'm not getting that at all. I suggest you raise it with Atlassian directly, as Bill says. (And consider upgrading the browser - 3.6 is getting a little long in the tooth)

Ashley Russell October 10, 2011

not using firefox, but i can guarentee i know why hes stuck at 3.6, vmware :)

0 votes
Ashley Russell October 9, 2011

yea sometimes the home, and control+home shortcuts also make stuff go wild, just one of the 'qwirks' :) we used to get around it by using the wiki markup editor, however that doesnt exist any more :/

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2011

Actually, I've seen this too, although it wasn't in Confluence, it was in one of the applications we use internally. It's not Confluence, it's Firefox.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events