Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I 'include' a page in another space, the formatting changes and the page displays differently

Judy Forrister March 29, 2021

I want to include a page in Space B that already exists in Space A.  I want to use include so that changes pull through.  The only problem is that when I include the page it displays differently in Space B than to Space A.

In Space A, the page is full width - so landscape if you like.  When I include it in Space B, the top half becomes portrait and the bottom half stays landscape.  I want it all to stay landscape.  I've tried setting Space B to full width both before and after I do the include but the result is the same.

This is important as I want to export the data from Space B and it needs to be landscape.

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening and what I can do to resolve it? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

The include macro only takes the content from the source page, as though it is part of the current page, which means it will take on the formatting and layout applied to the space and page within which it is being diesplated.

Whatever you've used to change the portrait/landscape layout in space A will need to be applied to space B as well.

Judy Forrister March 30, 2021

Thanks Nic. I didn't change anything in the source page other than to make it full width.  Even if I make the page in Space B full width before I 'include' the page from Space A, it keeps the top half narrow, only taking the part of the page that is 2 column to full width.

So this is how the original page displays (top) v how it displays when included (bottom)Page in Space A .png

Included Page in Space B.png

I need it to display exactly the same!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Ah, ok, I see.  This happens because the layout is formatting, done by the page it is on, the include is not bringing all of it in.

Which is annoying.

I think the only thing you could do is split the page into two pages so that the upper table and lower pair are included from different pages.

Judy Forrister March 31, 2021

Thank you. I guess it's back to the drawing board!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events