Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I go to create a Table of Contents on a "Blank page" it gives an error and no TOC shows

Antonia Manohar October 28, 2019

I am getting the following error when I try to insert a Table of Contents:

Error rendering macro 'toc' : [com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxLazyException] com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Duplicate attribute 'src'. at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,12919

Nothing is showing on the page. This is not a template. I chose "Blank page" to start. 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2019

Hello Antonia and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for coming to Community with your Confluence Cloud issue while creating a table of content macro.

From the error you provided and its output we’re able to see this matches a reported bug within the product. This bug impacts the TOC when it’s created with a content by label option.

Further information on this bug for Cloud products may be found at CONFCLOUD-67977. If this the issue you’re experiencing we would ask you to vote and watch this bug to receive future updates to its status.

There is no workaround for the Cloud products currently.

Further information on this bug for Server products may be found at CONFSERVER-53138. If this the issue you’re experiencing we would ask you to vote and watch this bug to receive future updates to its status.

The workaround is as follows;

Place TOC macro after Content by label macro. 

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Antonia Manohar November 7, 2019

Hi Stephen,

How do I place TOC macro after Content by label macro? I don't see a Content by Label Macro on my page and when I tried creating one before the TOC I still got the following message on the PDF when I exported to PDF:

Error rendering macro 'toc' : [com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxLazyException] com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Duplicate attribute 'src'. at [row,col
{unknown-source}]: [17,9755]

Your help is really appreciated. Thank you very much

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hello Antonia,

I realized there was an error in my answer above. I've since correct this error by linking and proper bug reports for the cloud product and not for the server product.

For Cloud, there is no current workaround for this issue. I would ask you to provide your feedback on the linked bug above.

Regards,
Stephen SIfers

Like Antonia Manohar likes this
Antonia Manohar November 7, 2019

Ok thank you.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events