Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I click a Space, it goes to either the space overview or pages list, why not same place?

Casey Elmore August 30, 2017

When I click a Space sometimes it brings me to the space overview page and sometimes it goes to the pages list. Why isn't it going to the space overview page?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi Casey,

Confluence tries to be "helpful" and remember your place, so the last place you clicked will be the page that you are redirected to. There doesn't seem to be any option to change this functionality as of yet.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

Hi Casey,

where do you click the space?

Casey Elmore August 30, 2017

I am on the home page and then click spaces, I view the list of all of my spaces and some of them are linking to the default space page, and some of them are going straight to the pages view of the space. 

This also happens when I am on a space page and click another space in the side bar. 

pages.png

Sabina Horrocks February 5, 2018

I'm running into the same problem.  I would like when a user clicks on a Space List if it would take them to the Overview page instead of the Pages list. 

Roy Youngman March 7, 2018

I couldn't agree more. Someone at Atlassian seems to think they can read minds of users and direct them where they want to go. But it is not working because I never want to go to the "Pages" view and would love it if I could restrict that view so only a specific group can view it. It is ugly and not at all a warm welcome to a space.  It is also confusing to users who don't know why sometimes they get to the home page and why some other times they don't. It is also rarely useful. I have to know exactly what page I'm looking for and where it is in the hierarchy to get any value out of it. If all my recent activity is on the Home Page, and that's what I want to look at, I have to fumble around to even get to the Home Page at this point. How about it Atlassian? Why can't all navigation into a Space without reference to a specific page take you to the Home Page of that space? What could be simpler and why did you change it? Its been that way in every release before this one? Why give us the ability to customize a home page and then not land users on it? Who made such a blunder of design and why do they still have a job? 

Sorry for the rant, but as a guy who has recommended Confluence to clients for 7 years, I am embarrassed! ;-(

... while I'm on a roll: Why is the "Pages" link on the sidebar fixed and not customize-able like in all previous releases? Someone must have a real love-affair with that ugly Pages view even though it is not at all customize-able, has little use in a space with several hundred or thousand pages, and could easily be created within a page that is custom created by anyone who wants to show a tree of all the pages. Come on, please, PLEASE stop the insanity and give us back the controls to make your product effective!

Sorry again for the second rant.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events