What version of Confluence Data Center has editor V2?

Al Manning May 5, 2023

Hello,

I have a question about Confluence Data Center.  Many thanks for the help.

What version of Confluence Data Center has the V2 editor?

I can see that Data Center has two main suggested versions:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives

LTS: 7.19.8

Latest: 8.2.2

Which of these (if any) have support for the v2 editor?  

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Neither of those have the version 2 editor - that was in versions 3, 4, and 5.  The editor changed again in version 6, and hasn't been changed a huge amount since.

I think you need to explain what you think the "version 2 editor" really is?

Al Manning May 9, 2023

Many thanks for your response.  When I was doing recent work with Confluence Cloud, I needed to use the following metadata so that a newer (v2?) Confluence Editor would be activated.  This resulted in an improved interpretation of the CSF and prevented some warnings of (switching to the new editor) that appeared during editing.

metadata: {
properties: {
editor: {
value: "v2",
},
},
}

My assumption is that this is the "v2" editor.  I'm not sure when this was introduced and if it is available to both the LTS and latest versions of Confluence in Confluence Data Center.

"Neither of those have the version 2 editor"

I'm curious to know what they have as this seems to be close to the latest in cloud.  Is there some docs on editor versions that are available so that I can do some reading?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Cloud and Server/DC are totally different products, and the editors within them are versioned differently. 

Al Manning May 10, 2023

It may be best for me to look at Data Center myself and compare with Cloud.  Thanks for your help although I don't feel that my question has been answered.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events