What's the best way to pass in the current username to a template?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

Hi, I'm trying to make a template which will render the user's picture profile inside such that once the page is created, it automatically fills in the user's login name permenantly as regular text.

A user macro is not possible because I plan to use the metadata plugin to report on it and yank the user's picture to display somewhere else.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 answers

3 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2012

$action.remoteUser.name

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Woops, I should clarify, this is a space page template...not a velocity template file.

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2012
You could use Reporting to give you the current users name (or login name, email, etc). This would work even in a space page template, provided you have the plugin of course.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events