What's the best way to display an excel spreadsheet with many columns in Confluence?

Souni Breil April 3, 2018

Hi All!

I have a spreadsheet which is very long (horizontally) which people need to be able to see well. It has only one sheet.

I was going to use the excel macro but I read that it will soon be discontinued. If I just upload the spreadsheet as a file, it displays everything in "portrait" rather than "landscape", i.e. page one has the first 5 columns, then there are some cut up graphs on page 2, then some more columns, etc.

There must be a way to do this?

Cheers,

Souni

2 answers

2 votes
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

@Souni Breil,

you may consider on below add ons

I must say that i personally evaluated Speadsheets for confluence add-on which is almost excel. but we discontinued using the plugin only because excel macro is enough for us at the moment.  

But since office macro is going to go away; we are considering on switching to spreadhseets add-on.

Reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/office-excel-macro-375849173.html

Jonathan Smith April 4, 2018

Ouch! Didn't know office macro was going away.... Thank you for this.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018
1 vote
Markos Stefanou April 3, 2018

Without an add-on you are pretty limited by confluence.

We are using Tableenhancer for Confluence which should cover most of what you are trying to do.

Souni Breil April 3, 2018

Thanks! I am a bit scared of unsupported add-ons though so I don't think I'll try that out.

I guess Atlassian just wants us to use google sheets ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events