Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way for me to give end users access to a knowledge base?

Tom Inglis February 25, 2021

Hi,

I'm investigating migrating our current support solution to Jira Service Management and Confluence.

At the moment, the knowledge base articles and the ability to post tickets are integrated into the same website: https://support.cenefits.com.

I've configured Jira Service Management appropriately, I think, but I am not sure how best to configure Confluence.

It seems to be the case that in order to expose the content from the attached Space, I need to upgrade to a paid version of Confluence so that end users can access it anonymously. I expect many won't try to create Atlassian logins, and indeed, there is some content which is for organisations that haven't subscribed to our app yet, so will need to see content to help them decide whether or not to do that.

If I do upgrade Confluence to a paid version, will the content be shown on the Jira Service Management Portal, like our current support site, or does it only attempt to pull articles when people type in their questions?

If the latter is the case, I presume I'd need a separate URL with a 301 redirect (e.g. https://docs.cenefits.com) to share with customers and link to from our marketing website.

Any thoughts or help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

@Tom InglisNot sure if this helps, but Confluence Cloud will be hosted on an atlassian.net domain.  You can't host it on your own domain (same for JSM).

Tom Inglis February 26, 2021

Thanks Marc.

I was intending to just use 301 redirects until such time as Atlassian supports third party CNAMES,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events