Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What non-software market sectors use confluence

Deleted user February 16, 2021

I am a professor at a technical college. Our students are using Confluence in the game design projects. I am wondering if there is a white paper that discusses the many other market sectors that use Confluence. My students might explore careers outside of game development.

2 answers

0 votes
matt bellamy May 25, 2021

It's cool that confluence goes beyond and allows more people to use this app. Given that the software market is also getting bigger every day, more and more companies need confluence services. If you look at the reports of Software Business Consulting, you can easily see this. Confluence allows you to work in many advanced areas if you install several addons that will unlock the full potential of this application. This is not only an analog of Wikipedia. I am sure that I do not know about all the features that would help me make my work easier. The good thing is that the developers aren't going to end up supporting this.

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

I work at a shipping supplies company that utilizes Confluence for various use-cases:

• Customer Service: Procedures - Training - Department Communications
  • Facilities: Project Management - Reference Materials - Procedures
  • Finance: Procedures - Troubleshooting guides - Calendaring
  • Human Resources: Procedures - Information on IT systems - Project Management
  • IT: Procedures - Project Management

Keep in mind, Confluence is a tool that can be adapted into any business area. We like to call it a "Wikipedia on steroids" as a starting point, but after installing various add-ons, it becomes a robust collaboration solution.

I will also edit this post if I can tag an Atlassian employee and see if they can give their 2 cents or supply documentation.

- Jonathan

- Confluence Server 7.7.3

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

@Brittany Sudlow Would Atlassian have any documentation on how companies use Confluence?

Like Deleted user likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2021

I am interested what Brittany will come up with - in the meantime I'd like to link here the customer stories which I found helpful:
https://www.atlassian.com/customers/search?product=confluence&

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events