What is this box called? (Circled in Red)

Josh Ong January 25, 2019

Hello! I'm currently creating a document on Atlassian Confluence, and i'm trying to create a box similiar to the one as shown in the picture.

The purpose of the box is for me to put in a content page, so that the person reading my document can easily refer to each section by clicking on the text in the box. And this box will follow the person reading my document as he scrolls.

I believe this has something to do with macros, and thus i'd like to know what the box is called so that i can google more on how to create itUntitled.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2019

Hi Josh,

The best way to describe that element would be "sticky".  I don't know of a quick easy-to-use macro that replicates this, but I found a thread about the topic here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-create-a-sticky-informational-banner-in-Edit-mode/qaq-p/878487

Good luck!

EDIT: I had success using the Div and CSS Stylesheet macros, but they require the "Content Formatting for Confluence" plugin by Adaptavist.  The panel in the screenshot below scrolls with the page, and with the z-index value set so high it is always on top of the other elements (so they'll stay behind it when it scrolls through them).

sticky.PNG

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2019

I'd guess that is text wrapped in a {panel} macro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events