The Universal Wiki Convertor is a great tool in easing the pain of migrating wikis to Confluence and saved me lots of hours in the past. Currently, the page states the following:
This project is undergoing an update, and will be evolving during Q1 2012. Your patience while under construction, please.
Since we have arrived in Q2 2012, I was wondering what the status of this update is. Do we have to keep a Confluence 3.X ready for migrating wikis or is it possible to use Confluence 4.X directly as a target? Is there a rough estimation of a possible release date?
The 4.3.2 version was released in early Oct - sorry this thread missed the update.
Here's the DIY documentation.
If you need additional helps or expertise - we're happy to help you..
We at Atlassian are currently discussing with AppFusions (who are the current "champions" of the UWC :-) ) how we can get some direct Atlassian involvement in getting the UWC up and running with Confluence 4 and, going forwards, keeping the thing working.
We are in agreement that this is the best way forward for the future of the wiki converter and now we're in the process of allocating some development resources to this project.
No ETAs or promises at this stage, but rest assured we're aware of the current bug-bears with the UWC situation and know we need to address them.
An update would be really useful. I started a Confluence evaluation just a couple of days ago and it's a real pain to have to install Confluence v3.5.13 in order to test import from Trac (0.11.4) and then have to perform an upgrade to Confluence v4.2.x. And do it all within the evaluation period, whilst following a tight change control process, *and* still giving decision makers enough time to look at the finished product.
I am looking for a newer version as the last version is not working while trying to migrate from mediawiki 1.19 to confluence (latest as of June 2012). It keeps saying it can't access the database when everything in the exporter.mediawiki.properties is correct.
I have managed to pull pages in to Confluence 5.1 (exported from Mediawiki using the UWC) with links that work and attachments included. It has taken quite a bit of messing around with the properties files and they still aren't perfect (for example, h1 headings aren't recognized at the moment), but its better than nothing.
I will add the caveat: it takes a LONG time to convert a single page.... the page itself will convert quickly (in seconds) - it is the attachments that take forever (like 5 minutes or more). So, given we have 6000 pages with attachments, I only got to 20% over the course of 4 days...leaving it running full time. I cancelled that attempt and am trying to figure out how to speed it up. I will try flattening the attachments folder next (it is a thousands of nested folders at the moment).
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs