Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the name of the built in macro?

Rafi Asraf August 16, 2018

Hi

I am trying to nest macros in user macro.

So this one works:

<ac:macro ac:name="cheese" />

and it shows the Cheese macro.

and as you can see, the logic is that I need to write the name of the macro, in order to use an existing macro in my user macro.

So how do I know what is the name of  macro?

More specific the macro with the title Page Properties what is the name for that?

I tries pageproperties, page_properties, details and none of that seems to work.

any idea how I can find out the name (and not the title) of the macro?

ps, the rule for user macro is that macro name is lower case without spaces

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2018

The quickest way for me to find out the name of a macro is to add it to a page and view the storage format of the page (actually I'm using the source editor for this). 

In case of the Page Properties Macro it is "details".

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="0b964145-16ed-4fca-8557-e9f0ffbe6e19" ac:name="details" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:rich-text-body>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>

Rafi Asraf August 16, 2018

Thanks,

I actually did the same, and looked into the source code, and came up to the name details, but for some reason it did not worked out for me.

I did not used the ac:macro-id  attribute though, so I do no know if that was as issue.

Any how, now it is working, so thanks.

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2018

As far as I know is the macro ID something that is generated at the time the page is rendered. Therefore you should not need to add it in your code. The same is - again as far as I know - the case with the schema version.

When I am adding a macro to one of my blueprint templates then I only use the name attribute and omit macro-id and schema-version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events