Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the name of the Questions List macro?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

I want to incorporate the Questions List macro into my Confluence Dashboard, which means I need to know the underlying macro name.

I've tried questions-list but that doesn't work.

(As an aside, is there a generic way of determining the markup name for a given macro?)

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hey Philip, this is what appears in the bodycontent table when inserting Questions list macro:

<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="questionslist-macro"><ac:parameter ac:name="ask">true</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="filter">popular</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p>

This brings macro name as questionslist-macro.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2014

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the Dashboard still reports that as unknown macro. Here is what I've added to the Dashboard layout:

<div class="dashboard-group right wiki-content">
$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{questionslist-macro}")
$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{recently-updated-dashboard:showProfilePic=true}")
</div>## right

I've only added that first call to renderConfluenceMacro. The second call is the one that was there already.

Maybe renderConfluenceMacro doesn't like the Questions List macro for some reason?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

Hi Philip, alternatively you may edit the Site Welcome Message and include Question List Macro in there.

Cheers

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

That works for me but it isn't giving me as much flexibility around the layout of the Dashboard.

Somehow, Team Calendars is being rendered as part of the welcome message, even though it isn't IN the welcome message.

This is the Dashboard bit:

<div class="dashboard-item welcome-message wiki-content">
$action.welcomeMessage
</div>

and the welcome message is literally some text and the newly-added Questions List macro.

So, somehow, the Team Calendar macro is inserting itself in that flow. I know this because if I remove the above three lines from the Dashboard, the calendar disappears.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events