What is the maximum number of records you can add to a Confiform dropdown?

Jennifer Lucas March 17, 2016

What is the maximum number of records you can add to a dropdown?

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Hi @Jennifer Lucas

We do not have any limits on the options count in the dropdown, but Confluence editor, does have a limit for parameters size it seems.

What I suggest to do is to use a field called "smart dropdown" which enables you to reference data from another form in ConfiForms and that can have as many rows as you want (there will be no limit of the Confluence editor).

You can contact us directly at vertuna(at)vertuna.com or using the contact form on http://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Vertuna+LLC+Home and we will help you setting this up.

Best Regards

Sash

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

It may depend on which drop-down you are talking about.  For many though, it's technically "more than your browser can handle", and most certainly "way more than your users could ever find useful" (humans won't usefully set a drop down correctly when they're offered thousands of choices)

I'm curious as to why you ask?

Jennifer Lucas March 20, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your response - we are using a basic dropdown not a dynamic drop down in a confiform. It has a requirement to add records as new suppliers come on board current -  need exceed 100 records. At this stage we have an issue were we can only hold 100 records so need to find a solution to meet the business need.

Apparently our team are under the impression that we can only have a maximum of 100 records  - is this correct and if not how do I fix the issue.

Thanks Jenn 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2016

Ah, you hadn't mentioned "confiforms" before, your edit to include that does help a lot.  I don't know if they limit the fields somehow. 

But, from what I've read, they used to limit drop-downs.  I don't know if it's still the case, but I suspect it is, because too many options on a list is slightly bad for performance, and really bad for the end-user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events