Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the idea for configuring mail in a space.

Nariman Riahi October 10, 2011

I just can not understand the idea of who it can be useful in context of what a wiki is used for in Software development env.

I search for the "useage" behind it and can not find anything. just setup instructions. I need to know, what is it good for?

I hope someone out there can shed some light on it.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

Also some organizations operate heavily with emails lists. So, if your org does alot of its important brainstorming, decision making, or announcements, etc through a list service, then hooking that list into a confluence space is an easy way to archive the content.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

The idea is that you have a space that contains all the information for a specific project. Sometimes people use email instead of adding content, perhaps because they are external users without access to create content. By configuring a mail account, anyone can copy that project specific mail account for any external email so that it is searchable with the other content.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events