Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the full process of implementing OAuth 2.0 in connect apps via JWT?

Saaket Gupta May 16, 2023

What is the full process of implementing OAuth 2.0 in connect apps via JWT?

The documentation mentions this but I fail to find the end to end process to implement it. I know I have to make changes in my descriptor file but need to know specifically what changes I need to make.

Also, I am calling the REST APIs with basic auth currently as mentioned everywhere in the REST API docs https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v1/intro/#about and https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v2/intro/#about

How to replace this basic auth setup with the OAuth 2.0 setup. I already have installed ACE and am only having a webhook module inside it which calls webhooks events and I show them to my integrated 3rd party app's workspace channel (just like slack).

Please someone answer this and clear my doubts. Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

"but I fail to find the end to end process to implement it."

"Always with you it cannot be done. This why you fail" - Yoda

Start by Googling stuff like 'Atlassian implement OAuth 2.0 in Connect apps via JWT'. If you had done at least that, you would have been led directly to the dozens of pages that guide you, step by step, EXACTLY how to implement OAuth or JWT based authentication in a Connect app.

Like the Understand JWT for Connect apps page, or the Security for Connect apps page, or the OAuth 2.0 for apps page or the Getting started with Connect page that links to sample code, tutorials, introductions to using ACE etc, etc, etc.

Sorry to sound harsh, but if really, really want to become an application developer, you need to work on the core skills needed, like:

• Reading, reading and re-reading the documentation
  • Trying the examples, doing experiments and seeing what results you get
  • When it doesn't work, try to work out what went wrong... yourself
  • Read, read and re-read the documentation again

The more you learn to solve your programming problems yourself and only ask for help when you've really, honestly tried everything in your power to work it out for yourself, the better your coding will always be.

Have fun on your learning journey @Saaket Gupta 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events