Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between giving knowledge base access to Confluence users vs. logged in users?

Fahad Akhtar May 6, 2022

Are logged in users, customers? What if those customers don't have an existing atlassian account? I want customers to view the knowledge base for each seperate service project. Would I choose "All logged-in users" under who can view in the knowledge base project settings tab for each service project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

@Fahad Akhtar 

The three options you have are below. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-knowledge-base-permissions-from-your-service-project/

To make changes to multiple spaces in one action, select the relevant spaces by checking the box next to the space name, go to the Who can view button above the table and choose from the given options.

These options include:

• Anyone: Choose this option if you want to make sure that articles in this space are open to all in your help center, even those who haven’t logged in. These articles can also be found via search engines. This option will only be visible on sites that have their knowledge base powered by a paid Confluence plan (Standard or above). You may also not see this option if your admin has restricted access to your portal. Learn how to set up and manage portal access.

• All logged-in users: Choose this option if you want to make articles in this space visible only to users who are logged in to your service project or help center. Your team will be able to view these articles in your service project and in the help center. And your logged-in customers will be able to view them in the help center. These articles are also visible to all active Atlassian account users. However, they can only view these articles in Confluence.

• Only Confluence users: Choose this option if you want to restrict access to articles in this space to licensed Confluence users who have access to this space.

Fahad Akhtar May 11, 2022

Under All Logged-in users you say "These articles are also visible to all active Atlassian account users." 

When you say all active Atlassian account users, you mean only the users holding an Atlassian license within my Jira domain?

I do not give licenses to customers. 

I want customers to only view specific knowledge bases in the Jira portal. In order to do that would I choose to give view access to All logged-in users?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

@Fahad Akhtar That is correct.  If you set it to all-logged in users it will allow customers who are logged into the Atlassian portal to view the articles.  It also allows anyone who has a confluence license on your team to view the articles.

The customers can only view the knowledge base within the portal as long as they are registered customers for that service project?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2022

Yes

Like Fahad Akhtar likes this

Thank you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events