What is the default timeout for regular users of Confluence 5.10?

Tom Wolff (Admin) October 6, 2016

The Confluence documentation includes a full page on changing the secure session timeout for administrators. Atlassian Answers contains several topics related to this question, although they are for JIRA or older versions of Confluence. I don't understand why the issue of session timeouts for regular users isn't better documented and a session for changing the timeout isn't in the general Confluence configuration, or if it is, why it isn't more obvious. 

To recap:

• What is the default timeout (auto logout) for regular users of Confluence 5.10?
  • How does a Confluence administrator change the session timeout for all users?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

Regular users have a 300(5 hours) minute timeout default, admins have 300 seconds (5 min), if memory serves me well.

Tom Wolff (Admin) October 7, 2016

Thanks, Jonas. You are having the same issue that I am, namely, having to recall the defaults because it isn't so easy to find documentation on them or any configuration to change them. I wish an Atlassian staffer would help us resolve this definitely. In the meantime, I'm going to test the 5 hour timeout. Thanks again.

Tom Wolff (Admin) October 7, 2016

I am seeing auto-logout at about 2 hours or less for a regular user. That seems about what I recall. I would still like a definitive answer from Atlassian.

Tom 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events