What is the cost of using SharePoint Connector

David Bekkerus January 6, 2016

Is there a cost for using this connector or is it a free plugin?

3 answers

0 votes
David Bekkerus January 7, 2016

Thank you again.

I am not sure if this is a secondary question should be attempted answered in this question or a new one: but it is tightly coupled with this installation type, since we will want to integrate confluence with SharePoint, via the SharePoint Connector.

To use the SharePoint Connector we need to do an on server install, but I am not sure if that mean that we could put this install on our host providers hardware? Our SharePoint is on a MarcoNet (http://www.marconet.com/cloud-services) so I am assuming we need to have both platforms in the same physical location on Marco. Or would we be possible to host Jira, and Confluence on a new in house Catholic Charities server and connect to MarcoNet via the connector?

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2016

Confluence and SharePoint don't need to be in the same location to get the connector to work. You ~will~ need access to SharePoint's Central Admin to install the connector as a Solution file on the SharePoint side. Confluence/JIRA can go wherever you want as long as they have network access to the SharePoint box (via VPN or if your SharePoint is accessible from the internet).

0 votes
David Bekkerus January 6, 2016

Thanks, I see there is a section that says:

Qualified academic institutions receive a 50% discount on server licenses.

Free for Open Source, Non-Profits and Classrooms

The place that would purchase this tool is Catholic Charities: which is a 501c3 Non profit. Does that meet the requirement for free use?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2016

You can give the request a try: https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/community-license-request/ However, it looks like there are additional clauses on the request form: "Atlassian Community Licenses are designed for official not for profit organisations and charities which are not for profit, non-government, non-academic, non-commercial in nature, have no religious affiliation and that would not otherwise be able to afford Atlassian software."

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2016

Hi David,

The SharePoint Connector is a paid feature - pricing details are here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/sharepoint-connector/pricing

Best,
Daniel 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events