Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to restrict external users in Confluence within the global permissions ?

Bongani Hermans February 17, 2020

We can't access the global permissions - page loads and no results are shown and we end up getting a run-time error.

We using the AWS instance of confluence - kindly please advise on the best way to access the global permissions so we can restrict users.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2020

Hello @Bongani Hermans

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you are not being able to access the Global Permissions section in Confluence due to a run-time error. can you please provide us the log details containing the details of the error? You can follow the documentation below to get this information:

Working with Confluence Logs 

Additionally, you must be able to access the global permissions as long as you're logged as a Confluence administrator, and you can edit it by following the instructions in this documentation:

1. Go to  > General Configuration > Global Permissions
  2. Choose Edit Permissions
  3. Do one of the following:
    1. Enter a group name in the Grant browse permissions field in the Group section
    2. Enter a username in the Grant browse permissions field in the Individual Users section
  4. Choose Add.
  5. The user or group will appear in the list. Select the permissions you want to grant.
  6. Choose Save all

Let us know if you have any questions.

Bongani Hermans February 18, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves ,

May I send you the logs via email as I am unable to attach it here.

Regards

Bongani

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Hello Bongani,

Thank you for your answer.

Can you copy the text of the log file with the error displayed at the time that you reproduced the error in this Community question, making sure you hide any confidential information you have in the log?

I ask you to follow this way in order to allow our troubleshooting to help other customers facing the same error as you in Community.

Additional to that, can you check if the Javascript console of your browser is returning any errors when you try to access the Global Permissions?

Bongani Hermans February 19, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves ,

Thanks for response - will log a ticket with atlassian support as I can't share our logs within this platform.

Regards

Bongani

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events