What is the best way to get page statistics from Confluence OnDemand?

I can't find any recent posts about this and any questions asking about Google Analytics are from years ago. Any help here would be appreciated. 

3 answers

1 accepted

Depends on what you want to see. If it's simply a hit counter, or who read your page the Viewtracker plugin does this very well, if it's more about general statistics i believe confluence cloud stores this in the admin interface. Describe what you are trying to accomplish, to give us a better idea of what you need, in case i am barking up the wrong tree.

When i search plugins for "Viewtracker" I do not get a hit. the only statistics plugin that I have found 

Analytics for Confluence Cloud - is this the one you are referring to - it appears this only has 4 installations and no feedback as of yet. 

Goal: basic hit counter but ideally within a time range. i.e. from Sept 1 to today - how many times has this page been viewed. would be nice if it captured blog posts too. Would be the cats meow if I could use Google Analytics even if that meant putting a macro on every page. 

Many thanks for the quick response!

Hi Derek,

As you mentioned above we've recently released our first version of Analytics for Confluence Cloud. It's the only analytics solution currently available for Cloud (OnDemand) and makes it really easy to track page views, blog views and more. It works across all pages automatically without the need to manually add macros and the chart can be filtered by date so you can just see views from Sept 1 to today.

Feel free to give it a try. We're actively improving it based on feedback so if you have any thoughts, issues or ideas you can let us know here or via email at ideas@goodsoftware.co so we can make it better suit your needs.

Hope it helps! smile

Tim - it is great to see specific page stats but is there functionality for overall stats. i.e. what page is getting the most views, etc? 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

967 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you