What is the best plugin to add foot notes to confluence?

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

We are currently looking for the best option to add foot notes to confluence pages, blog posts.

1. Is there a confluence default functionality?
  2. Else what are the best plugins available?

thank you in-advance for your time and effort 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2017

I found a free plugin for the same purpose. this might help others as well :) 

Hubbitus June 25, 2018

As I can see it is not free.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2018

@Hubbitus , plugin got commercialized with 1.6.0 release. which is after 2017/12/11.

hope this info helps!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212933/simple-cite/version-history

Like Hubbitus likes this
Hubbitus June 26, 2019

deleted

1 vote
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2017

Alana, Adaptivist has a plugin called Footnotes for Confluence.  Sounds like this might do the trick for you.

pd

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2017

hi Peter,

thanks for the reply.

I think you are referring com.adaptavist.confluence.footnotes 

I found that this is currently archived. and also the last release of that plugin is not compatible with conf 6.2.3 which is the confluence version we are currently using.

Regards,

Alana

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

Good to know :) - thanks for the follow-up and posting your solution.

0 votes
Jessica Weissman May 1, 2018

There is a Footnotes macro that is part of Adaptivist Content Formatting.  Works great, and even lets us do what amount to popup graphics.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events