Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best format video for a confluence video?

ticoulat March 19, 2013

I want to know the best format video like: mp4, avi, flv, mpeg,..... for see a video in confluence when I insert a video on a template. The thing is that I have a upload video and the extension is mp4..but when I preview the video is open with quick time player and it doesn't show very well....so I want to know if there are some kind of video extension better than other for see better in a template.

4 answers

0 votes
Kavita Parab August 18, 2013

Hi William,

These videos cannot be made public, and youtube restricts private videos visibility only to 50 subscribers.

Regards,

Kavita

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

Hey,

If you looking for a pattern there, you might want to upload the videos on Youtube, and make them invisible to public, and only accessible by links.
I hope this helps.
Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
Kavita Parab July 31, 2013

Hi,

I am using confluence 4.1 and we have lots of videos added. But I am still to find a standard option to make videos work for all users. It works differently for each user for all browsers. After raising a ticket standard answer received is its dependent on browser setting. Even though two users have same setting it will work differently.

Regards,

Kavita

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2013

Hi Martin,

AFAIK there is not a preferred video format type. I couldn't find any bug related to performance of those video types in Atlassian website.

Do you have this problem only with MP4 types? if so, it could be a bug or the converter options could not be optimized. Either way, I think it should be good to open a support ticket to investigate that.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events