What is the Advanced Search Macro?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Adding a clarification:

The advanced search plugin installs a number of macros, including one called advanced-search. I can't find any information on what that macro does. We've had no real trouble using the other macros in the plugin as described in the documentation, but the presense of that macro confuses people, since it is the obvious one to use -- I'd like to know what this particular macro is for. I know what the entire plugin is for. I believe Adaptavist needs to answer this question -- it seems like no one in the community knows the answer.

The original statement of the question:

In the macro browser (in 5.1.3) we show the Advanced Search macro. The Documentation link leads to the Advanced Search plugin, which makes sense, but the docs for the plugin (http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/ASP/Advanced+Search+Documentation) don't mention any macro by the name "Advanced Search"-- that's the name of the plugin, not any particular macro. So what is this macro for? What is the name used for it in the documentation?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2013

I realized that this macro is used with an XML configuration file. There is an example of that in the documentation.

0 votes
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2013

With this plugin you are able to define customized search forms and search results.

This is a very simple example:

First, you need the Search form macro and the search result macro. In the search macro, you have to place:

* search-input type=text match=query
* search-submit:Search

The documentationon adaptavist shows only wiki syntax. To use this in the confluence editor, take the macro names in the curly brakets.

http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/ASP/Advanced+Search+Documentation

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

Sorry, I think you misunderstood the question: I know what the advanced search PLUGIN is, and I can read the documentation to get the info about search-input and search-submit. What the docs don't tell me is what the advanced-search macro does. That particular macro is not listed with the others in the documentation. (I just saw that there is one example using the advanced-search macro and an ID with a config script, but nothing directly saying what this macro does. Perhaps it puts up a search box that is conforms to the config script, but I'm just guessing, and I don't see anything saying what to do with the config script.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events