Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is causing this error message: "The editor content could not be parsed . . . unexpected close tag"

Joshua Roebuck November 5, 2014

This error happens when I edit existing content and attempt to Save.  It happens on many different pages.  The line/column number vary, but error is same.   Thank you very much!

2 answers

0 votes
Joshua Roebuck November 5, 2014

Thank you - your comment about the macro was a clue and I think I've resolved the issue.  The pages are a space I imported to my OnDemand/Cloud instance from an XML export of a Confluence Server space.  Each page has 'unknown macro' icons where I'd been using macros not available for Cloud.  I removed those macros from a couple pages and no longer get the error message on those pages.   I'll post the page content if it recurs.   (edit:  no, I do not have storage content editor installed)

Thanks again!

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

That sounds like the storage format is messed up.

Do you have the storage format editor installed?  When you do, there's a control toward the right of the editor tool bar that looks like "< >".  Are you using that to edit the page?  If not, then something else is messing up the storage format, perhaps a macro.  Please post the page contents here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events