What is an API to download attachments in confluence page and blogposts?

Anuja Deshpande September 23, 2020

Is there a way to download attachments in confluence page using API (preferably using Oauth2.0 3LO)

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hi Anuja,

I can see from other posts here on Community that you're encountering a 401 error when trying to access the API. I see that you have expanded the children.attachment parameter on the get content API endpoint .

First, are you able to use the site's specific API endpoints (e.g. yoursite.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/) using basic auth and and API token? Details about how to use these with Atlassian Cloud are listed here. In short, you generate a new token from id.atlassian.com and use that in place of a password in the basic auth call.

I would expect your user account to be able to download any attachments that you can normally get from browsing Confluence via the site's REST API using basic auth.

If you are needing to use 3LO because you're developing an app, we also have a dedicated Developer Community that might be good to check out for app development related questions. Since the topics are more focused, it's easier for other developers to watch the questions coming in and provide guidance.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events