What is Maximum upload size in Confluence ?

Sandeep Kumar Are October 22, 2015

What is Maximum upload size in Confluence ?

2 answers

3 votes
Emma Rush _T_D_ April 24, 2019

Note that this has changed and the current default is 100Mb and this is true for both server and cloud.

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2015

The default is 10Mb, but you can change it in Admin -> Attachments.  Don't go too large though - Confluence isn't designed to be an upload/download manager or a file repository, and you can get timeout problems with very large files.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2015

Nic, what do you find to be a tolerable maximum? We - large instance with 10's of thousands of pages and attachments - have had it set for years at 100MB with no issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2015

I've not seen anything significant up to 100Mb, so that's the highest I tend to set it before I start resisting the requests for higher amounts with any gusto. 250Mb is the point at which the problems tend to start in my expericnce - it's where I start telling people to use proper file storage and not to rely on being able to attach or read files with Confluence.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2015

Oops, I also wanted to say that it's on a file-by-file basis - doesn't matter if you've got hundreds of thousands of large files, it's just that for any one selected large file, you can run into upload/download problems. Most of the time, even much bigger files will work. You just can't *rely* on the upload or download working.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2015

Nic, Thanks for the insights - appreciate the full explanations as this was a topic I had wondered about for a while as I have received requests to raise it too. We started at 50MB, raised it to 100 MB and I think will stop there. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events