What happens if I delete a user?

maria
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2019

Hey, 

I wanted to know if I could actually delete a user, without modifying their history, for example, if the person created a document and I want to delete that person from our user's list, is the page still going to be available for the rest of the users? or any of the other changes that person might have done to any other space?

Thank you! I would really like to update our current user's list, but I am not sure what happens and what are the consequences of deleting a user.

2 answers

2 votes
Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

Hey Maria, you can find out about all scenarios of deleting and deactivation a user here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/create-edit-or-remove-a-user-938847025.html

Basically it boils down to; their content will remain unless you specifically go and delete that as well, and if you delete a user their name will be anonymised to a "Deleted User" state...

If you delete a lot of users, you might wonder who this "Deleted User" guy is, and how they have such a high edit history count - it just bundles every deleted user as one.

0 votes
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

hello @maria 

If you delete a user, what he created will remain.

But, it is recommended to not delete but de-activate the user. This way, you keep the history and the name associated with the history, but the user won't be able to access your confluence.

Regards 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events