What happened to button to edit source "< >" on Confluence page editor

Lincoln Abbey January 19, 2018

I stopped being able to see the little icon to edit the underlying source that looked like "< >" on the Confluence page editor. Anybody know how I can get that back?

I think it used to appear right next to the magnifying glass icon in the upper right of the Confluence page editor.

I used that occasionally to edit the underlying HTML-like source is when Confluence handled vertical whitespace in a way I didn't like.

I am using Confluence 5.10.8.

2 answers

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2018

Hi Lincoln,

that Icon belongs to an app developed by Atlassian Labs called Confluence Source Editor. And as Bill already pointed out it can be restricted to specific user groups. With all that information you should be able to point your admin to the right solution (Enabling you to use it again! ;) ) very fast.

Best,

Max

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Check with your admin that you are still listed as an authorized user in the source editor console.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events