Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the active users mean on the usage statistics

Shoban Raj March 19, 2021

Does anyone knows what does the active users mean on the usage statistics page of confluence questions. I dont think its the active users on the confluence space.

Stats.png 

2 answers

0 votes
Shoban Raj March 30, 2021

Posting the answer found if incase anyone else is looking for this. Its actualy the users who involved in creating the questions/answers/comments, found this by the filter option provided by the statistics itself. We had some spaces with few questions, while viewing the stats for that noticed this.

0 votes
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2021

Not sure as I do not have questions for Confluence installed but my guess would be that in this case active users are the total amount of users that have an active account (meaning it is not set as inactive) AND access to the product. 

Thanks for responding but I don't think it's that active users because we do have more than 8000 users and many are using it actively. Anyway is there a way to actually find that out. 

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2021

Documentation of Questions is not really that good and hard to navigate. The part of statistics can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/questions/administer-questions-593035916.html

But as you may have seen it says very little. So guessing a bit with the extra info of your 8000 users and if it is as you say that it is not the space users my guess would be that you have a macro displaying questions in the dashboard and the software records each individual users that see that macro as an active users that look at questions.

Yes I saw that link before, it doesn't really explains that particular field. Anyways thanks a lot for your inputs. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events