What data migration options are available

Deleted user February 19, 2013

We are looking at migrating our current web based knowledge management into confluence, but want to try to avoid manual exports from the web and import to confluence.

Attempted an XML import of the data, but it looks like confluence only allows XML import confluence to confluence. What options are available for me to migrate the data?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hallo Chris

Can you export to DocBook? If so, you could experiment with the DocBook importer mentioned in this blog post:

http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/docbook-export-and-import-round-trip-with-confluence-wiki/

As you'll see, I was using Confluence 3.5 at that point. The DocBook importer does not support Confluence 4.x. So you'd need to install Confluence 3.5.x, do the import, then upgrade Confluence to the latest 4.x.

Worth a shot?

Cheers

Sarah

Thanks Sarah. I will investigate that :D

2 votes
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Thanks Pelle. With these methods it looks like we will need to export page by page from the website, is that correct? Do you know if there are any plugins or methods to import if we export the entire site as XML?

Link is very helpful by the way.

pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events