What can I use for smart status reporting, forms, page properties, what else?

Most of our teams are fairly new to Confluence. We're starting to leverage page properties/reports to collect status and roll them up across various functional areas.

As we get better at this, we're hitting a few limitations, and I'm curious as to what creative solutions others may have found.

A stypical status report will generally have a page properties macro, which contains several key/value pairs of different types, dates, finances, status macros, etc. Each week the teams update their respective pages properties table, and those are pulled into different leader's reports.

Some of the capbilities we'd like:

• controlled data with dropdown lists, checkboxes, etc. I've seen a few macros/addons for this, but they're either designed for changing outside edit mode, or they allow the user to change the list values. A template list can be changed once the page exists.
  • the ability to do calculations in the roll-up report, or some processing of the information in the individual status reports. (if status == "ON TRACK" and overages == 0 then health = "GREEN"). Also the ability to do summaries in the reports, total budget, ratio of ON TRACK vs OFF TRACK, etc
  • history, the ability to have a summary of changes. If status was ON TRACK week 1, OFF TRACK week 2, and ON TRACK again week 3, it's not easy to see we had a problem on week 2.

It seems like some of the forms addons may give us some of this capability, but I thought I'd ask the community if anyone has experience trying to address some of these.

We're server, since that matters when talking capabilies/addons.

1 answer

Hello Mark,

I think Table Filter and Charts add-on can cover some of your needs:

1. You can do calculations using Pivot Table macro or Table Filter total rows and total columns.
  2. You can visualize Health of project and ratio using Column Chart with green bar for OFF TRACk and red bar for ON TRACK based on Pivot Table by status. Pivot Table can show percentage of each status if you need.
  3. You can build several different reports based on the same report table.

Another add-on that might help you is Handy Macros. It provides you with Handy Status macro with a configurable preset of statuses, ability to change status in page view mode and status change history.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

685 views 21 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you