What can I do to prevent info from becoming outdated?

Ms. Hiller April 18, 2023

I need a way to track which pages were created over a year ago. We need to update or archive info that is no longer relevant. 

Is there a way to set pages to expire?

4 answers

4 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas [Midori]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

I suggest the Better Content Archiving app that has been available on Server and DC for many years, but released for Cloud only recently.

Free trial

that makes it flexibly configurable when a page becomes outdated:

configure-content-status-scheme-cloud.png

Then it can show the status above each page and blog post:

content-status-indicator-cloud.gif

...and email your team members to encourage the content they are responsible for:

notification-email-outdated-cloud.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Ms. Hiller ,

Your use case is a perfect fit for Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It automatically identifies outdated pages and implements review and archiving workflows for keeping your pages up-to-date.

4.gif

It is a full content lifecycle management solution and includes

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Give it a try or feel free to schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers, Adrian from B1NARY (we are the developers of Breeze)

Ms. Hiller May 16, 2023

Hi! 

Sounds cool. I'm interested in the price for this, but it's not displayed. 

Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023
Ms. Hiller May 16, 2023

Issue solved, I am able to see it now. Thank you.

Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
May 16, 2023

Great. :-) I hope my initial answer was helpful to you (if so, you may mark it as a solution, which helps others in reading this question). Have a wonderful week!

0 votes
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Ms. Hiller ,

Another option is to use our free addon Keep it up to date!  It will list pages which were not updated, and allows you to filter the pages on labels etc.

Got it! Thank you. Will try it out. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Ms. Hiller welcome!  I was thinking you could get an Automation in Confluence to let you know what pages haven't been created/updated in a year, but you would need to have Confluence Premium for that. I've attached an article with more info.  Not sure if that's an option for you.  I'll have to consider that myself.

Introducing Automation for Confluence - Atlassian Community

Another way to do that in bulk might be with the Rest API to get a list of pages to review based on create/update date.

Hi @Dan Breyen

Thanks for taking the time! 

I'll review your suggestions, sounds like these can work. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events