Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are good examples of what I should create in a space and what I should create in a parent page?

Caleb Kingston January 27, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Customising your Confluence Site

Hey Guys, I have been using confluence now for a little over a month and right now I have 2 spaces and a lot of pages inside them. But I guess, because I kind of stormed out of the gate with this, I want to step back and verify that I'm using confluence and structuring my spaces and pages consistent to, maybe, a best practice I haven't seen. I know I could structure it how I want and be fine but I want it to make the most sense to our company as it grows so I want consistency in how things are structured inside.

Could I please get some feedback on how these are structured and a possible better solution to structure things?

Thanks in advance,

Caleb

Here's an example of my 2 spaces right now.

Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 5.43.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-27 at 5.42.38 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Reid January 27, 2016

It looks like you've got four departments there- Finance, HR, Online Marketing and Software Development, so I would recommend each one has its own space for their own how-tos and procedures. That 3d Animation article looks a bit lost in the HR space and could be moved into Software Dev space. Move the Online Marketing how-tos into the Online Marketing space. Move each sub-section on procedures in the HR space into its own space so there are only HR procedures in the HR space, finance procedures in Finance space etc. You could also make that Brainspin space a landing space which links onto all the other spaces. You could use that space for general announcements, who buys the cake this week etc. Btw don't forget about labels for similar pages in each space eg policies, how-tos.

Caleb Kingston January 27, 2016

Thank you! That was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. The answer always seem so easy after it's given but going through it all I just seems so lost starting out. Much appreciate!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events