What are Analytics Client and Analytics Whitelist Plugins for? Can I uninstall them?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2015

I'm trying to clean up out user installed plugins.  These two plugins have very little information in the plugin browser, but seem to be from Atlassian.  I don't see any user macros in them. 

Does anyone know what these are for?  Are they used by another plugin?  Can I uninstall them?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2015

These plugins are used for tracking usage statistics in confluence. They don't provide any user facing features. Disabling them will prevent reporting of any tracked events, and may cause some problems with some plugins that expect the analytics services to be available.

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2015

Thanks, Joe. Do you know if these are used by the ViewTracker plugin and the Usage Tracking plugin?

kgbvax April 5, 2016

I see 10% of my requests going to /rest/analytics/1.0/publish/bulk

Is this the same thing? What is the analytics service, is there documentation about this somewhere?

Deleted user November 1, 2016

There are some analytics used by Atlassian to improve their service. Their privacy policy goes somewhat about explaining some use cases. 

https://www.atlassian.com/legal/privacy-policy

Do these analytics apply to on premise solutions as well? The policy does not go into greater detail on what is a cloud only feature. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events